While the name suggest it is a mere ERP system, the fact it isnt. Its a full blown, modular, highly integrated, comprehensive management information system (MIS).
The competitor of OpenERP are:
- Compiere – http://www.compiere.com/
- Epicor – http://www.epicor.com/australia/Pages/Default.aspx
- SAP (MySAP, Business Suite)
- Oracle (E-Business Suite, Fusion)
- Microsoft Dynamics (AX, GP, NAV, SL)
- Tryton (a fork of OpenERP)
OpenERP developed by open source community using Phyton language, utilizing Django, WebDav, HTML5 technologies. Its module expand fast from the early time when the software still called TinyERP.